Powell resident electrocuted in Saturday accident

Posted 8/12/21

Longtime Powell volunteer Terry Cronin was receiving treatment at a burn center in Greeley, Colorado, on Wednesday after being electrocuted in a weekend accident.

Cronin, who owns Shoshone Valley …

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

E-mail
Password
Log in

Powell resident electrocuted in Saturday accident

Posted

Longtime Powell volunteer Terry Cronin was receiving treatment at a burn center in Greeley, Colorado, on Wednesday after being electrocuted in a weekend accident.

Cronin, who owns Shoshone Valley Landscaping, was drilling a well and using explosives on Saturday when he was electrocuted with 19,000 volts.

“It was a freak accident,” said his brother-in-law, Howard Sanders. “It went in his arm and exited through both feet.”

Cronin maintained consciousness through the accident and was transported to the Western States Burn Center in Greeley. He was in surgery on Wednesday for the serious injuries to his feet, but “he appears to still be his usual wisecracking self, even after the accident,” Sanders said.

He remarked that “everybody” knows Cronin, who devotes much of his time to the Christmas Basket Program and the Eagle Mount ski program for people with disabilities.

Comments

No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here