1st Choice Imaging recently opened at 120 N. Bent St. in Powell, providing a full range of examinations and procedures by a highly trained and skilled board-certified radiologist and ultrasound technologist.
"I wanted to provide an option for people in our area for more affordable imaging, specifically ultrasound," said Jael Fisher, RDMS.
1st Choice Imaging offers the latest advanced technology and specializes in 3D/4D imaging while keeping prices affordable.
"Our prices are the big thing that sets us apart — our prices are much lower than anywhere else in the area," Fisher said. "But with that being said, it's very high quality imaging and we have high quality equipment."
Dr. Jeffrey A. Zuckerman, MD, serves as the radiologist and LuDeanne Guenther is the office manager. Results from ultrasound exams are available within 24 hours or less.
A large open area with a family-friendly atmosphere allows families and friends to gather for a baby's gender reveal or 3D/4D exam, starting at just $75.
With insurance changing the way it has, most people face such high deductibles that they end up paying for all of their healthcare costs, unless they have a major surgery.
"It's important that people shop around," she said.
Health-care is changing, with physicians opening their own private practices. Now, you don't have to go to a major facility to get the care and services you need.
"There is another option — patients kind of have to be their own advocates, do their homework and search those out to see what's available," she said.
"You need to tell your doctor this is where you want to go," she said.
1st Choice Imaging accepts all insurance, Medicare, Medicaid and self-pay patients. If needed, payment plans are offered.
"For people who are paying up front for studies, we give them an automatic 20 percent discount," Fisher said.
1st Choice Imaging does global billing, so the exam cost is the total cost — there's not any additional fees.
Patients will be seen as soon as possible — usually the same day, if it’s at all possible, Fisher said.
"We do offer flexible scheduling if a patient needs an early morning, evening or even Saturday appointment," Fisher said. "We're willing to offer flexible scheduling to accommodate work schedules so you're not missing work."
Ultrasounds aren't just for pregnant women.
1st Choice Imaging also accepts all physician orders for diagnostic ultrasound exams, including:
- Vascular Imaging – ABI, carotids, extremities (Deep Vein Thrombosis), abdominal aorta
- Cardiac Imaging — Echocardiograms
- Obstetric Imaging — Nuchal translucency screening, early OB, fetal survey, level II fetal survey, biophysical profile, fluid evaluation
- Musculoskeletal Imaging
- Men’s Imaging — Hernia and scrotal
- Women’s Imaging — Pelvic and breast
- Pediatric Imaging — Pylorus, abdomen, hips, and bowel
- Abdomen Imaging — Abdominal organs, vessels, renal system, as well as gallbladder function
- Thyroid and Small Parts Imaging
1st Choice Imaging also offers entertainment and screening ultrasound exams that do not require a physician's order, including:
- Obstetric gender reveal ($75)
- 3D/4D Obstetric exam ($75-$195)
- Vascular screening exam ($140) — results will be sent directly to the patient.